Deck Nine Games (also known as Deck Nine and formerly known as Idol Minds) is an American video game developer located in Westminster, Colorado. Deck Nine Games is responsible for the development of Life Is Strange: Before The Storm, a prequel to DONTNOD Entertainment's 2015 adventure game, Life Is Strange.
They were co-developing Warrior's Lair with SCE San Diego Studio, a game which they used to demonstrate the abilities of the PlayStation Vita at its official presentation at E3 2011, one of the highlights of the launch. but it was cancelled. Their first release is Rally Cross 2 for the PlayStation and their latest is Ratchet: Deadlocked HD for the PlayStation 3.
In May 2017, Idol Minds changed direction to focus on narrative adventure games, and subsequently re-branded the company to do business as Deck Nine Games.
In June 2017, during the Xbox conference at the 2017 Electronic Entertainment Expo, Deck Nine released a trailer for the game Life is Strange: Before the Storm. A prequel to the original Life Is Strange, with the first episode of three currently scheduled to be released on 31st August 2017.
- ↑ Louisville company tries to leave mark in video game world
- ↑ Idol Minds (Idol Minds L.L.C.)
- ↑ Open Up For A Strong Dose Of PSN Stats
- ↑ Ruin preview: Hack and social
- ↑ Pain developer rebrands as narrative-driven Deck Nine, to reveal new entry in acclaimed franchise at E3 2017
- ↑ E3 2017: New Life Is Strange Game Officially Revealed, Release Date Announced